Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more
than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal
services to companies and individuals.
Based in London and Singapore, the firm
services an international community of clients and provides advice in
situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The
work it undertakes is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex,
spanning six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution;
Employment; Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than
80% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm
moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted
to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make
up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm’s
in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its
active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its
Investors in People Platinum standard.
The Central Litigation Unit provides services across the Firm for all
lawyers involved in dispute resolution. The Unit consists of an
E-Disclosure team and a Court Services team, and sits within our
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Liaising with clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
• Typing and amending attendance notes, letters, faxes presentations
and other documents as required, using Microsoft Office and the DMS.
• To regularly, frequently and accurately maintain and update
correspondence and other filing.
• To maintain confidentiality in respect of those matters which are
commercially sensitive or secret.
• To transcribe audio dictation and copy type letters, memos and
reports and to prepare signed correspondence for despatch.
• Liaising with other departments where required.
• Maintaining client contact details on CRM (Interaction) database.
• Photocopying, faxing and filing.
• Preparation of monthly bills.
• Checking for monies on account to see whether bills have been paid.
• To work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Providing support as required by the fee-earners and working with
other secretaries/paralegals in the Department.
• Experience of Relativity is highly desirable.
• Fluent in Russian and/or Ukrainian.
• Ideally LPC qualified or equivalent.
• Experience working in a Litigation department.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to effectively manage own workload.
• Bright with strong academics.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Personable and confident, able to build relationships with
partners/ key stakeholders.
• Resilient and calm under pressure.
• Adaptable and flexible approach.
• Pro-active and takes initiative.
• Proficiency in MS Packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
and Internet Explorer.
No Agencies - applications from recruitment agencies will not
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of
duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You
may be required by your line manager to take on additional
responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At
Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which
embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of
talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s,
potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of
flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how
this could work for you and our business.