Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more
than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal
services to companies and individuals.
Based in London and Singapore, the firm services an international
community of clients and provides advice in situations where the
constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is
cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core
practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment;
Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than
70% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm
moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted
to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make
up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm’s
in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its
active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its
Investors in People Platinum standard.
The MDR Discover team works alongside the lawyers on matters from a
broad spectrum of departments within Mishcon de Reya. Because of this
closeness, the team have a deep understanding of the cases, often
taking part in the very earliest conversations around litigation
strategy and are involved in all stages of the disclosure process,
from collection through to production. The team are invested in the
cases and their outcomes and their emphasis is always on deploying the
most appropriate technology at the right time.
The role will involve working on some of the most complex disclosure
exercises where the MDR Discover team are engaged. On all cases, you
will be expected to have a deep understanding of the eDiscovery
process and the possible workflows to drive efficiencies within the
As a team, we also make extensive use of analytics technologies and
you should have a good understanding around how these technologies can
be deployed in a variety of settings.
• Project management and consulting advice across the entire spectrum
of eDiscovery (collection to production).
• Consult with lawyers on the most effective strategies for their
• Feel confident in assisting in the completion of eDiscovery related
documents between the parties (DRD, EDQ etc).
• Comfortable liaising with client IT departments to facilitate data
mapping and collection exercises.
• Organise and carry out productions of documents during disclosure.
• Assist in the training of review teams.
• Establish strong relationships with external suppliers.
• More than 5 years' experience in providing litigation support,
ideally within a law firm environment as opposed to a supplier.
• A solid understanding of Relativity and how the product can be
manipulated to both drive reviews and efficiencies to save costs.
• Holding the Relativity Certified Administrator / Analytics
qualification is desirable.
• A solid understanding of analytics and how this can be deployed
• Experience of project management skills and techniques.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to effectively manage own workload.
• Ability to lead and manage others.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Personable and confident, able to build relationships with
partners/ key stakeholders.
• Resilient and calm under pressure.
• Adaptable and flexible approach.
• Pro-active and takes initiative.
• A great communicator, with the ability to translate between the
technical and plain English.
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of
duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You
may be required by your line manager to take on additional
responsibilities when requested.
No agencies - applications from recruitment agencies will not
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At
Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which
embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of
talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s,
potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of
flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how
this could work for you and our business.