Not currently receiving applications. For agency users and internal applicant, please login, or register.
Business Development Executive
Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more
than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal
services to companies and individuals.
Based in London and Singapore, the firm services an international
community of clients and provides advice in situations where the
constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is
cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core
practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment;
Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than
70% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm
moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted
to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make
up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm’s
in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its
active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its
Investors in People Platinum standard.
As a Business Development Executive at Mishcon de Reya LLP, you will
have a primary focus on providing support to Dispute Resolution (60%
of your time) and Employment (40% of your time). You will work closely
with the BD Head and Managers in each of these respective groups in
delivering all BD activities. You will also have the exposure and
opportunity to provide support and add value to other BD initiatives
and being rolled out to other departments across the wider Firm.
It is expected that a candidate at this level will be able to manage
the execution of projects from start to finish, keeping other team
members informed at appropriate times.
They should be comfortable in assisting with, and when required
leading meetings with Fee Earners regarding their projects and
exercising initiative. In addition:
• Work closely with the rest of the team in the execution of the BD
programme for these departments, including the communication of
specific messages and the creation and implementation of products and
value add-on services to clients, intermediaries and other members of
the firm. Be able to suggest improvements through the process.
• Lead the preparation of directory and award submissions for the
departments with the appropriate Fee Earners. Take responsibility for
delivering great content on time.
• Work with the Partners and Fee Earners in the production of
credential statements, pitch documents and PowerPoint presentations,
marketing material (including brochures and client briefings) and
other client communications.
• Support the Partners and Fee Earners in implementing business
development activities including: planning, organisation and project
management of a wide range of client-focussed events and effective
follow-up activity. To include liaising with other service functions
to arrange any support for internal events.
• Assist in coordinating Partner and Fee Earner attendance and
support material for externally organised conferences and exhibitions.
• Work with the Digital Marketing Team in the production of regular
direct mail and e-mailings, utilising the Firm's CRM system
(Interaction). Keeping Interaction databases up-to-date and ensuring
that all departments are given an opportunity to involve their clients
in any activity (and that this is reflected in any database lists).
• Contribute to the maintenance of the internet and intranet to
ensure business development content is appropriate and up to date.
• Prepare documentation for business development meetings including
agendas, emails, business development schedules and other documents.
Contributing to BD
• Work collaboratively with all members of the BD team. Bring a
"can do" and positive attitude to the role.
• Demonstrate an agile approach to work, flexing your style to be
able to provide support on a range of activities to other departments
and members of the BD team as and when needed.
• Act as a role model to more junior members of the wider team.
• Enhance the reputation of the BD team within the firm for its
professionalism and for the strategic and distinctive value it provides.
Being part of One Firm
• Work with communications and information services resources within
the firm as well as external suppliers.
• Make effective use of all communication channels for the firm
generally e.g. website, e-bulletins, media, sponsorship, conferences,
research and industry networks.
• Minimum of one year's experience of working in a Business
• Good desktop publishing skills, particularly PowerPoint and Word.
• Very good written skills, able to produce good quality first drafts.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the
ability to work to deadlines and stay calm under pressure.
• A strategic and creative thinker capable of identifying, developing
and gaining support for appropriate opportunities.
• Proactive and self-sufficient with the ability to take ownership
and manage certain tasks with limited guidance.
• Personable and confident, able to build relationships with
partners/ key stakeholders (possibly eventually intermediaries).
• A flexible and can-do approach, willing to provide varied support
across various different departments when required.
• A team player who is analytical, tenacious and self-motivated.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of
duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You
may be required by your line manager to take on additional
responsibilities when requested.
No agencies - we are not able to accept applications from
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At
Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which
embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of
talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s,
potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of
flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how
this could work for you and our business.