Not currently receiving applications. For agency users and internal applicant, please login, or register.
Graduate Development Assistant
Main purpose of job:
To support the Graduate Development Advisor and Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager in providing a high quality HR service to all London and Bristol trainee solicitors and future trainee solicitors. To build effective relationships with future and current trainees. To assist in effectively managing all key graduate development processes and learning and development.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Act as key relationship point of contact for all future trainees and lead on communication, ensuring queries are resolved appropriately and effective relationships are built to support a smooth integration of future trainees into the firm.
• Coordinate all aspects of the future trainee onboarding process including management of the Trainee Skills Academy for future trainees, administration of law school tuition fees & grants including liasing with providers, organisation of joining documentation, production of internal/external correspondence, organisation of work permits where necessary and the coordination of presentations/social events.
• Assist with the coordination and provide input to any future trainee initiatives or projects, working with the L&D team as appropriate. This includes initiatives such as Trainee Skills Academy sessions and workbooks, buddying and mentoring programme and ad hoc development sessions.
• Work closely with the Graduate Recruitment Administrator, occasionally delegating tasks and overseeing completion of these.
• Assist the Graduate Development Advisor with all aspects of the planning, coordination and execution of the trainee seat change and secondment every 6 months. This includes timely preparation and collation of documentation and internal/external correspondence, liaising with trainees, supervisors and partners, working with other business support functions and coordinating work permit applications.
• Assist the Graduate Development Advisor with the qualification process. Plan, manage and organise the admission to the roll for qualifying trainees under the supervision of the Graduate Development Advisor. This includes; arranging documentation, liaising with trainees and the Solicitors Regulation Authority, tracking and monitoring progress and resolving problems, lead on outplacement support and leavers process.
• Support the Graduate Development Advisor on all aspects of the performance management process including coordination of trainee appraisals, assisting with communications, answering queries from trainees and supervisors and assisting with any changes and improvements which are implemented.
• Manage and own the invoicing process for all expenses relating to current and future trainees. Assist with the compilation of the annual budget, making suggestions for cost savings where appropriate.
Education / qualifications / experience:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent (min 2:1) • Minimum of 12 months (or equivalent) generalist HR experience
Knowledge and technical skills:
• Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. • Willingness to use software packages that are unfamiliar. In particular, will be required to use and manipulate the HR database and the online appraisal tool.
• Excellent organisational skills. • Excellent oral and written communication skills. • Able to communicate effectively and confidently and adapt communications styles to different audiences. • Able to adapt to shifting priorities and adjust plans appropriately. • An ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Other requirements: Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required.